Friday, March 27, 2009

Nuts, tacos, tossed salad… and other evidence that I’m a slacker

It’s a Friday and I’m at work with a bit of a hangover. The most constructive thing I’ve done so far today (it’s 12:30 already) is answer one phone call (the other one I let go to voice mail) and respond to one email. Balls to the wall here, my friends. Which reminds me, why is it that it feels so good to be subtly inappropriate at work? For example, I love to say balls, nuts, package, box, snatch (funniest word EVER), sack, whorebag (j/k on this last one, it really is bad to say this at work). Anyway, I think you get my point… I like to work these little innocuous words into a conversation with a little accent on the word in question to keep people wondering. There is nothing better than ‘innocently’ asking a coworker if they like to lick the salt off of their nuts before eating them.* Peanuts, that is…You’re so dirty. I like pointing out Emily’s big box…. of envelopes, of course. This may sound a little juvenile to you, but believe me, it’s a marked improvement from giggling anytime someone said the words clam, taco, teabag, or tossed salad. I feel like I’ve matured.



*I’ve never said something like this to one of my male co-workers as that may constitute sexual harassment and I work with a group of sassy women who tolerate me well (I think, hope…).

By the way, I feel that I come by this behavior honestly. Carrie and Joe have been my friends for a long, long time... If I'm not 'quite right', then I owe it all to them.


















No comments:

Post a Comment